Direct Support Worker in Ag Business
Seeking Direct Support Workers interested in Tropical Flowers productions and supporting adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities (ID/DD). Part-time assignments during week days in our horticultural business in a team setting at the Kea’au Business Park. May lead to full-time employment.
General Ag duties include:
- Harvest, trim and transplant tropical flowers and foliage;
- Wash and pack flowers to meet agricultural inspection standards;
- Roll, shred and package shredded newspaper;
- Provide guidance to clients to adopt/acquire appropriate skills;
- Monitor and document client performance and their physical/behavioral well-being;
- Anticipate and prevent client’s negative behaviors due to environmental or personal trigger;
- General PA duties include: assistance of activities of daily/independent living skills;
- Promotion of socialization and community resources;
- Provide transportation to and from client’s home base;
- Monitor client’s physical, mental and environmental health and safety and
- Monitor and document client’s physical/behavioral health.
- Some experience in the horticultural field or Ag operations;
- Be a role model to the clients;
- People and task oriented;
- Display grace under pressure;
- Attention to detail (both people and the environment);
- Food with manipulating small and delicate objects;
- Ability to lift/move 25 lb packages;
- Have your own car and familiar with Hilo/Puna roads, with current auto insurance, registration and safety check;
- Ability to drive a 15-passenger van;
- Willingness to work under sunny, rainy or hot environments;
- Some computer/typing experience;
- Proof of graduation from High School or above, be able to read and write standard English;
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving abstract;
- Some experience working with ID/DD population preferred;
- Must pass background check, pass APS/CAN registry checks, TB clearance, clean drug test and complete First Aid/CPR training at hire;
- Must not be on the Federal and State lists of excluded individuals and entities part-time hourly rate, may lead to full-time appointment with benefits.
Please reply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a completed application, resume, cover letter and supporting documents.